Participants will be introduced to a range of documentation and tools offered by Hitachi Vantara, which are essential for the installation, configuration, and servicing of VSP family midrange systems. The course will guide you through the planning and execution of system installations, utilizing the Service Processor (SVP) for system setup and configuring Fibre Channel and iSCSI ports to integrate with SAN environments.
You will also gain proficiency in utilizing management tools and software, mastering their installation, activation, and usage. With this knowledge, you'll be able to create RAID groups and LUNs, as well as configure systems to virtualize external storage. The course further covers essential maintenance and upgrade tasks, such as component replacement and addition, and firmware updates.
Lastly, the course equips you with problem-solving techniques and tools for addressing troubleshooting, installation, and support-related issues.
The course is intended for individuals working with Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) midrange systems.
- IT professionals responsible for managing and maintaining the storage infrastructure within their organizations.
- System administrators and storage administrators who want to expand their expertise in midrange Hitachi VSP systems.
- Technical personnel who need to understand the architecture, components and best practices for working with midrange Hitachi VSP systems.
- Individuals who wish to become certified or proficient in midrange control of a Hitachi VSP system.
When you complete this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the architecture of midrange systems within the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) family.
- Discuss the specifications of the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) family.
- Identify the internal components and their functions.
- Describe the back-end design and layout for each model, including drive trays and disk types.
- Explain various management graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
- Describe the new installation procedures and recognize when it is appropriate to use them.
- Elaborate on Hitachi Vantara's process for collecting and documenting pre-installation information.
- Discuss different methods of firmware updates.
- Describe how to install and configure the Hi-Track Remote Monitoring system (Hi-Track).
- Explain Hitachi virtual storage machines and the nondisruptive migration features of global-active devices.
- Identify documentation and tools provided by Hitachi Vantara for installation, configuration, and servicing.
- Describe maintenance functions.